We are 100% volunteer and we are always looking for help!
You don’t have to be currently working in health care. In addition to members who work full-time for fire departments, hospitals, and paid rescue agencies, we have members who are: Engineers, CPAs, IT professionals, Students, Retirees, Lawyers, Teachers, Police Officers and more.
Whether you are interested in saving lives or working behind the scenes, you can come to the rescue!
Click here for a list of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) classes nearby. If you have questions about how to get started in this rewarding profession, feel free to call and leave us a message at (804) 266-7498.
We always need people who can help with:
- Building and Grounds
- Fund Raising
- General Maintenance
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Accounting and Finance
- Information Technology
- Administrative Assistance
- Cooking for membership meetings and special occasions
LVRS Offers 2 Types of Applications
Novice Providers or EMT Students
This application is for our new EMTs, EMT students, support members, or individuals not meeting the criteria of an experienced provider.
If you meet the following criteria, please click on the link below to verify your information and receive the experienced member application.
- Must have a VA State EMT or higher certification
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Must have been cleared as an AIC in the ODEMSA region for at least 1 year OR
- Must have been cleared as an AIC in the state of VA for 3 or more years